If GoPets Came Back, Would You? 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

If GoPets Came Back, Would You? 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If GoPets Came Back, Would You?

+6
Jessicat
hickerson4611
momtomaeghan
LittleDende
Asynjur
niquae
10 posters

Go down

If GoPets ever came back, would you rejoin?

If GoPets Came Back, Would You? Vote_lcap83%If GoPets Came Back, Would You? Vote_rcap 83% 
[ 19 ]
If GoPets Came Back, Would You? Vote_lcap0%If GoPets Came Back, Would You? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
If GoPets Came Back, Would You? Vote_lcap4%If GoPets Came Back, Would You? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
If GoPets Came Back, Would You? Vote_lcap13%If GoPets Came Back, Would You? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 23

If GoPets Came Back, Would You? Empty If GoPets Came Back, Would You?

Post by niquae Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:22 pm

I was going through some of the GoPets Photos and daydreamed about a future where GoPets came back, and everyone became a community again - and wondered whether it would ever happen. What would be your decision if GoPets came back?
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

If GoPets Came Back, Would You? Empty Re: If GoPets Came Back, Would You?

Post by Asynjur Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:05 pm

If we got our old accounts and all our stuff back, I'd definitely grab some more screenies of Hodge in all her cute custom clothes. I have so few of her compared to the pets on my Asynjur account. I'd buy a sub or whatever they have at that point to support the effort.

Unless Erik makes some changes I don't think it would last, though. I'd actually prefer the game being redeveloped with a better foundation and focus, I wouldn't mind starting over and recreating my pets to have solid code, consistent artwork, etc. But I don't see that happening.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleDende Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:49 pm

I would definitely rejoin. I would really hope to have all my old pets and items and lands again, but I'd create new ones if I had to.

I think the game was at its best when there was a theme every few months (at first it wasn't every month, right? Just Spring, Summer, etc.) and the new items that went with that theme, plus the premium item.
This is what I would hope for; I wasn't really into cooking and tailoring and battling - though I did enjoy the farming and fishing. And now that these are getting so ridiculously popular (especially with adut women which, I think, made up most of GPs paying customers) via facebook, think there's any hope GoPets might come back and cash in on some if this popularity?
LittleDende
LittleDende
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:26 am

Yes, I would go back to GoPets (sucker for punishment I guess). I would much prefer to get my pets and stuff back, but even if I didn't I would probably not be able to resist just testing it out. And of course, that would lead to me getting thoroughly addicted again I'm sure.
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by hickerson4611 Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:29 am

I'd come back in a heartbeat, just to see what it was about this time. If Erik were running it, I wouldn't hold out much hope that the game would improve. But I keep playing the lottery and I still daydream, in detail, lol, about what I'd do with the game if I won enough to buy it. I have been daydreaming about it a lot the last few days for some reason, and I got Very nostalgic. I could feel that old GoPets sweetness. My goal would be to turn it back into the charming, funny, quirky little game it was. Gosh, Niquae, this is a great topic! I'm so glad to see that everybody is posting that they would come back and give it a try... of course, we are the GoPets Addicts here, lol.

Even if Erik were running it, I'd give it a try. I miss farming and fishing and cooking and decorating. I MISS THE FORUM. I MISS MY PETS. lol I just feel a lot of nostalgia.

hickerson4611
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessicat Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:36 pm

Only if it was like the old gopets, where there were the themed months and patch days and lots of awesome godance fun! Blah, the last few months really kinda dragged, and all the recoloured items and currency destruction didn't exactly help ^^; It would be cool if it was remade like that Zhuzhu pets thing or webkins; buy a plushie, and use the code to get something in the game too Very Happy Wasn't there that cell phone gopets game? Was it ever released for any mobile phone and/or service? I don't think I've ever seen it, only the builder's website...there was also another site with little flash screensavers and such too, it'd be fun even if we could have gopets like that ^^;
Jessicat
Jessicat
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:23 pm

I don't know of a phone game. Do you mean the Nintendo DS game?

http://www.amazon.com/Go-Pets-Vacation-Island-Nintendo-DS/dp/B000L422JM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291429220&sr=8-1

But you can't connect to other players, you can only play alone. Konami shut down that server months before our GoPets closed.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessicat Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:34 pm

Asynjur wrote:I don't know of a phone game. Do you mean the Nintendo DS game?

http://www.amazon.com/Go-Pets-Vacation-Island-Nintendo-DS/dp/B000L422JM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291429220&sr=8-1

But you can't connect to other players, you can only play alone. Konami shut down that server months before our GoPets closed.
Nope, there was a cell phone game with the gomonkeys in it...now I need to find the link in my mess of bookmarks and see if the site is still around ^^;

*edit* here it is: http://www.oneninestudios.com/gopets.html
it's just the developers page, it hasn't been liscenced to other phones/providers, if I'm interpreting it right o.O
Jessicat
Jessicat
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:38 am

Ah, I see, a vague memory of something about monkeys.. Don't know if it ever came to light..?
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiago Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:55 am

I'd be so happy if it would come back. Now i'm really sad, cos it's shut down. I hope Gopets would come back. It was so awsome! I miss everything on Gopets. If GoPets Came Back, Would You? 39455

Fiago
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:19 pm

Welcome to the forum! There's a rumor Zynga is working on a new Facebook flash version of GoPets, don't know if that will ever be released. But that's the latest news.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by nakazona Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:47 am

I would rejoin. I am already missing all my pets in gopets.
nakazona
nakazona
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Eaglegirl Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:05 pm

I would almost certainly come back, but I definatley would if it meant that I could have my old pets back...
I still miss them... Crying or Very sad
Eaglegirl
Eaglegirl
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:54 pm

Yes I would!!! I miss Gopets so much!! It was my first MMO... If GoPets Came Back, Would You? 39455

Back to top Go down

If GoPets Came Back, Would You? Empty I

Post by BerryPuff Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:50 pm

I'm sorry for digging this post back up, especially when it has been left quiet for over a year, since its 2011 now. >3< The truth is, no matter what, I will always be waiting for the comeback of GoPets like other GoPets users that have been waiting too. I don't really understand.. if Erik still has the code and all aspects of the game saved, why is it still taking so long to buy back GoPets? It has been a little more than two years now. My point is if Erik is actually going to buy back GoPets, or is Zynga is resisting? Are there enough funds to buy it back? By the way, I don't think there is a need to buy back the name. Just create a new and similar name..?

BerryPuff
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down