Do you think GoPets will ever comeback? 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Do you think GoPets will ever comeback? 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think GoPets will ever comeback?

+5
betzy809
smuggley
Daeninn
KittyJuan
Cakefun
9 posters

Go down

Do you think GoPets will ever return?

Do you think GoPets will ever comeback? Vote_lcap32%Do you think GoPets will ever comeback? Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 6 ]
Do you think GoPets will ever comeback? Vote_lcap42%Do you think GoPets will ever comeback? Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 8 ]
Do you think GoPets will ever comeback? Vote_lcap0%Do you think GoPets will ever comeback? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Do you think GoPets will ever comeback? Vote_lcap26%Do you think GoPets will ever comeback? Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 19

Do you think GoPets will ever comeback? Empty Do you think GoPets will ever comeback?

Post by Cakefun Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:24 pm

So what do you think. I know we all hope it will return Very Happy Since it was bought by another company, what do you think is the game's future

Cakefun
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Do you think GoPets will ever comeback? Empty Re: Do you think GoPets will ever comeback?

Post by KittyJuan Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:05 am

I voted "No". Not because I don't want GoPets to come back - I just think it is highly unlikely. Sad As it stands right now, only the idea of the game is being sold. The company that is buying GoPets isn't getting the game, the graphics or even the name "GoPets". All they get is the idea. So even if this other company decides to make a game based on the GoPets concept, it will be entirely different - we won't have our same accounts or pets, a new UI will be in place, and the graphics and gameplay will differ to what we have gotten used to. I am hoping that this company does get more than just the concept and will consider purchasing the entire GoPets company but as it stands right now, I don't think that will happen.
KittyJuan
KittyJuan
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Do you think GoPets will ever comeback? Empty Re: Do you think GoPets will ever comeback?

Post by Daeninn Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:12 am

nods Sad
Daeninn
Daeninn
Tumbling Fiend
Tumbling Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by smuggley Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:07 pm

i think gopets will come back after all there is money to be made on the game it certainly has potential just need someone with brains to run it ⭐

smuggley
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by betzy809 Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:48 pm

i really dont know since we all know the game has potential but do the people outside think so?
betzy809
betzy809
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:16 pm

I don't know. I honestly want to stop thinking about it so i can get over the mourning process and on with my life

dragging on in dreary "hoping" and "fearing" and "thinking" only prolongs the process for me

in fact I'd be for changing he name of this board, eventually, not because i want to forget, but because i don't want to be constantly reminded.

all the while always hoping, silently, under the surface. not saying so, not talking about it. for fear that as long as i keep it hidden, it *might* just happen one day... if your expectations are low you will always be positively surprised, that kinda thing...

does any of this make sense to you?

~ZB
ZaphodBeeblebrox
ZaphodBeeblebrox
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:26 pm

I agree with Zaphod. I'd like it better if the board was called something like a friends meeting place, with "a place for former GoPets addicts and new friends to meet" in the forum description, rather than putting GoPets in the name of the forum. I'm farther along in the mourning process since I stopped playing GoPets about a year ago (my mother-in-law has been playing my account since then). I do still love my GoPets, they always had rich personalities to me, so much more than what they could really do in the game--and maybe I will reincarnate them in another game someday. I've moved on to other activities, but I never found a social network to replace GoPets, plus the forum software on my own website died, so I am interested in looking at new places to hang out, which is why I stop here from time to time to see what develops. Maybe a folder about movies and books would be a nice addition, or a folder for art and poetry by forum members, in addition to the topics already here--not sure if anyone else would be interested. On my own forum we used to play little games, like guessing a movie from quotes, word scrambles, etc.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KittyJuan Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:36 am

I don't know. Perhaps its because I am not exactly the most sensitive person in the world but I think it is kind of pointless calling a forum that is essentially about GoPets and started out of the absence of GoPets in our lives something different. I don't see why just seeing the GoPets name makes you upset. Like I said, I am not exactly very sensitive but, yeah, this is my opinion. When I see the world GoPets I think of all the nice things that used to make up the game and community. Why focus on the negative things? But, again, that's just me.
KittyJuan
KittyJuan
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:21 pm

Honestly I was also thinking ahead.. about how we probably, two years from now would have to explain to some new member wth "GoPets" was, and then the inevitable torrent of "wah! and "i still have hope" and "blah blah" and then a lengthy discussion, Every. Single. Time.
To avoid that too.

It just makes me tired.

nothing is wrong with talking about good times, and i definitely prefer that.
ZaphodBeeblebrox
ZaphodBeeblebrox
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:27 am

I think having "GoPets" in the title for now makes sense - after all that's what brought us all here. After the game shuts down and we hopefully move on to play other games together, then maybe rethinking the title at that time would be good.
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:58 am

momtomaeghan wrote:I think having "GoPets" in the title for now makes sense - after all that's what brought us all here. After the game shuts down and we hopefully move on to play other games together, then maybe rethinking the title at that time would be good.

exactly

~ZB
tho the countdown is making me depressed Sad
ZaphodBeeblebrox
ZaphodBeeblebrox
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Gankaku Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:44 pm

I voted no (but wish yes). The reason I voted this way - have you ever seen companies buy out other companies that are actually in good working order? With the companies that get bought out, the idea to do something with it is there and all, then nothing happens. The service ends up dying. I've seen it happen so many times!

And then now, someone is buying the intellectual property only. It's buying an idea. It's hard enough to start something with your own idea, but starting up someone else's concept and ideas?

I think it's not likely. However, if GoPets ever does revive it'll certainly be a very different service, and everything will start fresh and new.
Gankaku
Gankaku
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down