Looking for info on FooPets..? - Page 2 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Looking for info on FooPets..? - Page 2 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for info on FooPets..?

+12
yew
niquae
Cakefun
ZaphodBeeblebrox
KittyJuan
crystalpower
stooooooph
pandas07
Daeninn
AndyShaeff
Miticante
Asynjur
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Looking for info on FooPets..? - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for info on FooPets..?

Post by KittyJuan Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:29 am

AndyShaeff wrote:
KittyJuan wrote:

Asynjur wrote:Miti sent me a wallpaper, and I've started to figure out how to decorate.. So that should keep me busy for a while.
I bought myself a wallpaper and it looks a lot better than the default grassy hills but most of the interior and exterior items in the store can only be bought with FooDollars. Also, what is the Purina Kitten Chow? Can you buy more toys for your pets?

The Purina Kitten Chow is what you need to buy to feed cats. There is a dog version of chow which you would need to buy to feed the dogs. There is no choice of food. Water also needs to be kept stocked up in your game, bought from the Foomart, but it costs zero gems, just as the default background can also be bought in the foomart for zero.

You cannot buy any more interactive toys for your pet, only decorative items, I don't know if that will change.

Cats always have just a mouse, Pokeys always have just a frisbee, the other pets have different toys -- some have a ball and a frisbee, some just a ball, and most of the dogs get a chew stick or kong which doesn't register as a play item but seems to be enjoyed by the pet.

As regards the items in the foomart costing FD only, that's one of the things which is causing a stushie in the feedback at the moment. Foo have taken to releasing new items priced, often highly, in FD only. If you browse back through the Foomart though, you'll find a lot of things you can buy for foogems.

The ability to buy from other players has only been in place for a few weeks, but everyone wants foodollars so mostly you'll find that user sales are in FD, but mostly cheaper than the official Foomart.

Andy

Oh, I see. Thanks for typing all that information. All that you've written is really helpful! Just one more question - how do I know how much Kitten Chow and water is left?
KittyJuan
KittyJuan
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Looking for info on FooPets..? - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for info on FooPets..?

Post by AndyShaeff Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:49 am

I'm glad it helped Smile You can tell how much chow you have by looking at the bar at the top under the Foopets banner. The water, alas, isn't shown there, but you can tell how much you have of that if you go to the Foomart, scroll down to water, it'll show how many servings you have under the price of 0 gems or dollars.

Andy

AndyShaeff
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by KittyJuan Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:55 am

Ah, now I see it! Very Happy Thanks!
KittyJuan
KittyJuan
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:06 pm

Thanks for all the tips, Andy! That will make things easier.

I use Firefox and I've only had trouble with the Fooniverse so far, and it doesn't sound like it would interest me, anyway.

KittyJuan, the first several pages of the shops have lots of FooDollar items, but having looked completely through some of the shops I was eventually able to find some nice items that cost only FooGems, as Andy noted. Andy--the prices of other users seemed awfully unrealistic to me, but it only being in place a few weeks explains it--eventually people will realize no one will buy at those prices. I did find a couple bargains, though!

I think I'm going to get that expensive new tortoise shell cat--using the excuse that it's my birthday this month, LOL. I'm hoping that's the only thing I buy. Planning to keep myself in check with the notion that if I start dropping money regularly on these pet games, I'll have to deactivate my WoW for a couple months to make up for it. I prefer pay to play to the money grabbing of these pet games, though, for one thing it's easier to budget. (Although WoW just added a couple vanity pets you buy with real money, to mixed reactions--I bought one of them, couldn't pass up the cute Panda Monk, and 1/2 goes to charity if you buy it before the end of the year.) But with these pet games it's particularly alarming since they're such cute things, that kids would like to play. I found it disturbing when I went to the little cartoon bank building in Pet Society, and they wanted real money! As my husband joked, "Go to mommy's purse.."
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeninn Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:52 pm

I think i added evryone so far.Now i need to donload the desktop thingy.

It was so funny that i chose a cat and i also have a real life one.And i played with sound and they kitty wouldn't stop meowing and my rl kitty went all crazy trying to figure out where the other kitty is Looking for info on FooPets..? - Page 2 491908
Daeninn
Daeninn
Tumbling Fiend
Tumbling Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by stooooooph Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:11 pm

i've tried it in firefox, chrome and ie and i can't get the fooboutique to work in any of them. but i agree with you miti, it doesn't seem worth the trouble if they can only wear the clothes in the fooboutique and a few other parts of the fooniverse :/
stooooooph
stooooooph
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by stooooooph Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:22 pm

Asynjur wrote:None of the Fooniverse stuff is working for me either.. But I discovered a game I already know in the arcade section, so I've been earning FooGems playing Circle the Cat. Miti sent me a wallpaper, and I've started to figure out how to decorate.. So that should keep me busy for a while.

circle the cat is sooo hard! i've never been able to win it.
stooooooph
stooooooph
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:48 pm

The trick to circle the cat is to not start too close to the cat, start several tiles away so you have room to work with.. It's also a game that sometimes has configurations that can't win, you need to be able to get at least a little help from the pre-placed pegs which are random. But it costs nothing to play for gems, so it's no biggy if I lose one, just start again.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:26 pm

Oh, and here's a tip for people who have added Andy as a friend, LOL - if there are other friend's pets you want to get to easily, without scrolling through all of Andy's little darlings (since Andy starts with an A and is at the top of the list) - you can go to your friends page, and check the Favorite box for the fiends you want at the top. I only say this because Andy's pets are well cared for and I usually have some other friend's pets who need more attention. Smile
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by KittyJuan Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:13 am

Daeninn wrote:I think i added evryone so far.Now i need to donload the desktop thingy.

It was so funny that i chose a cat and i also have a real life one.And i played with sound and they kitty wouldn't stop meowing and my rl kitty went all crazy trying to figure out where the other kitty is Looking for info on FooPets..? - Page 2 491908

The desktop version is really cool. My kitty sits in the corner of my desktop and I can feed or play with him without visiting the site.
KittyJuan
KittyJuan
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyShaeff Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:47 am

Asynjur wrote:Oh, and here's a tip for people who have added Andy as a friend, LOL - if there are other friend's pets you want to get to easily, without scrolling through all of Andy's little darlings (since Andy starts with an A and is at the top of the list) - you can go to your friends page, and check the Favorite box for the fiends you want at the top. I only say this because Andy's pets are well cared for and I usually have some other friend's pets who need more attention. Smile

LOL oh yes, I forgot it goes alphabetically. That's a good tip, Asynjur!

As regards the browser issue, I should have made it clear that that was just my personal experience. I would say it probably depends on various other factors too, such as power of computer and speed of Internet connection. I do know that Foo has some very slow times, which often coincide with a day or so before they release something new. That may or may not be coincidence.

Asynjur wrote:But with these pet games it's particularly alarming since they're such cute things, that kids would like to play. I found it disturbing when I went to the little cartoon bank building in Pet Society, and they wanted real money! As my husband joked, "Go to mommy's purse.."

*wry grin* yes...

KittyJuan, I must try that desktop version.

Andy

AndyShaeff
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:56 am

oohh! add me too! I am as always ZaphodBeeblebrox!

I use Opera to play Foopets. but i agree that it is unpossible t play the washing game. it's lame and costs money

I never even tried the fooboutique

~ZB
ZaphodBeeblebrox
ZaphodBeeblebrox
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by pandas07 Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:16 am

The foopets look so cute, though I haven't joined yet. XD
pandas07
pandas07
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyShaeff Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:33 am

Resist with all your might, Pandas07! Onces sucked into the Foo vortex you are likely to be lost...

Wink

Andy

AndyShaeff
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cakefun Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:31 pm

I just joined FooPets a few days ago as Cakefun(same name). Its kinda annoying so much of the game requires money but still a nice game

Cakefun
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeninn Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:27 pm

Some items you can buy with lots of gems Laughing but i think it's cool that you can have it on your own desktop.It saves you the trouble to buy it a diff background or deco items XD

I wish shampoo would be buyable for gems as well.Would have liked to groom my kitty.
Daeninn
Daeninn
Tumbling Fiend
Tumbling Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:03 pm

You don't have to pay money to have a cute pet and a cute scene for them to live in. It does cost some FooDollars to get another pet, after the first free one. But Andy tipped me off that you can get pets as low as 20 FooDollars, from people selling on the forum. I also saw people trading FooDollars for FooGems, which you can earn by playing games (I'm not sure how you trade though, alternately you could buy items with gems and sell them for dollars). So you could get a second pet for free, if you worked hard earning gems, but it's probably easier to just pay the $5 (which could get you 2 of those resold pets at 20FD, plus a little extra). I decided to stop at 3 pets, so not that much of an expensive. (Although in my case, I did get one expensive cat as a birthday gift for myself--but that's not necessary, they're all adorable.)

Pet supplies, food and flea treatment, only cost FooGems (and water is free). The decorative stuff in the stores isn't really necessary unless you want a fancy background, but you can find many cute items for FooGems if you look farther into the stores. The first couple pages have many FooDollar only items, and some are very expensive, but keep looking and you'll can find some cute stuff for FooGems. People reselling things often accept only FooDollars, but I have picked up a couple bargains for FooGems by looking.

I've been trying some of the different arcade games to earn gems. I'm making the most playing Throw the Dog a Bone. If anyone remembers the original GoPets minigames, if you could play the Skeeball one, you'll do fine at Throw the Dog a Bone, it's similar but easier. My second best game is Circle the Cat. I'll be able to play Breed Speed and Spot the FooPet better, once I get to know the pet breeds in the game a little better.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:07 pm

Daeninn wrote:Some items you can buy with lots of gems Laughing but i think it's cool that you can have it on your own desktop.It saves you the trouble to buy it a diff background or deco items XD

I wish shampoo would be buyable for gems as well.Would have liked to groom my kitty.

Looks like they just changed it, disturbing trend, just last week when I tried it you could get some kinds of shampoo for gems only. The grooming thing is actually a minigame, though, not really washing the pet. I couldn't do it.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyShaeff Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:59 am

Oh dear.. I've not tried grooming for a while, but if they've removed the gem option that's not a good trend at all. What I'm hoping is that they won't try making "grooming" become an essential part of it. I would guess that they won't unless they can remove the need for the extra download, but who knows. I really don't have much faith in fooMojo apart from faith in their greed Rolling Eyes

Andy

AndyShaeff
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:59 pm

I caved. I joined Foopets. I'm niquae there. Smile
http://www.foopets.com/member/18303998

I'm really liking the desktop option. I wasn't able to use GoPets Desktop option because it used up too much memory and slowed things down whereas the client did not.

I tried that box the cat game and I couldn't do it. T__T

I don't like the fact that nearly everything requires Foodollars though. I got a cat and I also want a dog but... Oh well.

It's really cute.
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:38 pm

You get FooGems every day you long in, how many depends on your karma, and you build up karma by caring for your own pets and for other pets. I think I'm getting 600 FooGems a day now (plus whatever I get from games). You could buy things for FooGems and sell them for FooDollars to have enough for the 20 FD you need for a second pet. Most of the stuff that's for FooDollars, honestly, I wouldn't want it--it's hard to make a scene look natural when you try to cram in stuff like telephones and whatever from the decoration store. Just a nice background and a pet bed is good.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyShaeff Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:48 am

As Asynjur says, scenes can be difficult to make look good with lots of stuff. The area that you can use is just too darn small! I like to give my pets a background, pillow to lie on, and some sort of house in the background so that I feel they don't have to be outside all the time. For indoor scenes, windows make them less claustrophobic. All these things you can buy for gems, and often not too many gems at that.

Karma builds up nicely when you care for pets, which is logical. FooGems are the "green shells" of Foo, easy to accumulate. And as for the cost of things -- most of the older stuff in the FooMart can be bought by gems, not just dollars. All the new things that they bring out now seem to be dollar only, and amazingly expensive at that ( the new animated items are eye-poppingly expensive considering how many there are ) , but there are a lot of really nice backgrounds and items that have been there a while and sell for gems.

New pets can be bought for gems on Fridays, from the Shelter only, not from other players ( although some players have figured out ways of doing it ) . The price for a simple Shelter pet is 50 FD or 50,000 FG on Fridays. At the moment there is a huge furore about the "premium" pets which are not in fact premium but which cost 300FD or 300,000FG on Fridays.

You can get Foodollars by entering various things as well as by selling, and you can usually find someone selling a pup for 20FD public sale in the breeding forum.

Andy

AndyShaeff
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:13 am

ah, neat. Thanks for the info, Asynjur and Andy.
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeninn Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:15 am

Ok the grroming isn't chnaged.Or at least you can still do it for gems as well.You have the option to pay in FooDollars or Gems.I just played last night.

They just forgot to add the 'or' between the dollar and gems Laughing It's a cute game though XD
Daeninn
Daeninn
Tumbling Fiend
Tumbling Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:46 am

How do you pet my cat? I'm able to pet other people's pets (barring a few cats) but I can't seem to pet my own. I run my mouse over and over and the kitty doesn't even blink. -_-;

What am I missing?
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum