This is My Day 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

This is My Day 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is My Day

+4
betzy809
MrFritzy
momtomaeghan
niquae
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This is My Day Empty This is My Day

Post by niquae Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:29 am

Ever wondered what other people's days were like? Whether your day would be comparatively boring or exciting? Let's find out.

Point: To encourage frequent posting.

Topic: About your day. Can be about a specific event, your day's schedule, or perhaps even a rant

Start:

I just finished my morning class. I am taking Elementary Japanese I. My professor is a sweet, elderly woman. She is funny, nice, prone to digression, forgetful, and a good artist. We started a new chapter but it has katakana in it. We have not yet learned katakana. Sounds like this chapter will be quite interesting....

I have the next 8 hours to study for my Anatomy & Physiology I Lab Practical. It is about the 206 bones of our body plus their markings. I will need those next 8 hours. I hope I can stay awake.

Hope to read about your day.
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

This is My Day Empty Re: This is My Day

Post by momtomaeghan Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:19 am

Hey - sort of like Twitter, but with more details, lol. (Not that I Twitter.)

Well, today I have to write on about 750 photos before putting them in the photo album and sending them to relatives. Ughhhh. I used to keep current with them, but since I smashed up my leg in a horse riding incident I hate standing at Walmart at the machine correcting all the red eye, cropping, etc. So, I've put it off for almost a whole year. Luckily they got in a machine that is lower than the others so I can sit while editing the pics, so I spent 4 hours the other day in Walmart doing just that.

So, there you go - that is my exciting day, lol.
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:20 pm

lol, m2m.

I guess it is like Twitter. I have a Twitter account but I created it...and left it. lol. I liked Plurk better.

Anyway, I feel for you. That is too many photos to write about (and to correct red eye and to crop).
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFritzy Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:34 pm

This is nice to see. Should I create a new catagory just for this??
MrFritzy
MrFritzy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:37 pm

I think at this point it is not necessary. Perhaps if it ends up getting too popular? Smile
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by betzy809 Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:09 pm

hmmm....my day
couldn't sleep last night so when i finally fell asleep at 4:30 am. i had to wake up at 5:00 am. to go to school :S but i was surprisingly active, i went to the gazebo, which was really slippery since it rain, i went to give a random high five to my friend and i slipped and hit my breast against the bench and my knee region was covered with some mushy green stuff, fell asleep while taking a chemistry quiz and failed it, didnt do anything in english nor computer class, and this creepy tall guy kept creeping my friend and me out so we lmao, and like always, algebra class was great. And believe it or not, I was really happy during the whole day...and still am =3
betzy809
betzy809
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:26 pm

Yesterday I did not have a good day so I comforted myself by staying up the entire night to finish reading The Gathering Storm, the 13th book of The Wheel of Time, a fantasy series started by Robert Jordan. Brandon Sanderson was appointed to write this book which Robert Jordan left behind when he passed away.

I enjoyed the humor and the book in general although there were some parts which made me think that it was not quite consistent with the way Robert Jordan had written. This was, of course, a given since a different author wrote it, but it was still not so pleasant.

I then forced myself to go to my morning Japanese class. It was raining lightly and the sky was so dreary and dark that it lulled me into thinking it was still a time for sleeping.

Afterwards I worked for a couple of hours with one of my two partners (the other had not come to either the class nor the meeting) for the Japanese mid-term where we have to present a 5-7 minute skit. Although we felt that we had written quite enough for our presentation, when we read it through, it still fell under 5 minutes. One never quite realizes how long 5-7 minutes are and how quickly one speaks until one is trying to write a dialogue in another language with limited grammar and vocabulary skills... Having had no sleep, and nothing to eat except a cup of tea and yogurt, I was finding it difficult to stay alert. Sometimes I try to wake myself up by trying to be funny, but based on my partner's bemused expressions, I think that my jokes tended to fall flat.

I ended up taking a nap for a few hours after the meeting before my next class. The following class in the evening was a double session, and I knew that if I didn't rest, even coffee wouldn't be able to keep me awake. Even with the few hours nap + coffee, I was fighting drowsiness and my mind tended to wander. (Clearly this is a clue that I should practice healthier habits in order to do well in classes.) The class dragged on, and I sensed I was not the only one to be relieved that we were done. Instead of heading to the library to start studying for the exam the following week, I went home early. By the time I got home, it was after 9 PM and I had eaten nothing but whatever I had had that morning + a cup of coffee, some soda and two bottles of water. For dinner, I was given by our neighbor Chilean Sea Bass which they had had for their own dinner. It was quite good although I did end up swallowing a piece of bone in my haste. -_-;

Now I need to work on some German homework before heading for bed as early as I can.
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by FreedomDeep Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:44 pm

Today my brother called me and asked for some phone numbers and while I was trying to find the numbers, I told him about what happened to the CPU he built me. Friday I plugged in my camera cord into the USB jack and left while it was downloading the pics off my camera. Came back 5 minutes later to the smell of melting computer parts. I unplugged everything let it sit in a room with fans to cool it down. Yesterday I plugged it in and no response, then the smell of melting wires came back and unplugged and figure I will talk to my brother about it to see if it was salvageable.

Back to the call...he was basically freaking out and not allowing a word in edgewise. He hung up on me and well, that is how my day has started out, le sigh. Sigh I loathe dealing with my brother...he does something nice for me and holds it over my head...guess I need to learn my lesson and not have him help me with anything in the future. Rolling Eyes

Heres to hoping that my day gets better than it started xd
FreedomDeep
FreedomDeep
Starter
Starter

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1452045244&

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:48 pm

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that, FreedomDeep. I have a sister exactly like him i.e. she does nice things (for family) and then holds it over our head. She's hard to live with.

Hope that your day does improve, and that you are able to get your computer fixed. Hope that your pictures and camera are safe.

Today I didn't do much but I did just get back from an evening Requiem Latin mass. It was my first experience in a complete Latin mass (first experience was a mostly Latin mass in Greece), and since it was Faure's Requiem as well, it was longer than usual. I didn't understand a word of it, a fact which my parents teased me about since I had studied Latin for so many years. T__T

The Latin mass apparently brought back memories for those who had attended mass before the 2nd Vatican Council, which was pretty cool. The Requiem mass was so somber. It kind of confirmed to myself that I don't like Requiems. However, my father enjoyed it, which I am glad to hear.
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by FreedomDeep Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:18 am

niquae wrote:Aww, I'm sorry to hear that, FreedomDeep. I have a sister exactly like him i.e. she does nice things (for family) and then holds it over our head. She's hard to live with.

Hope that your day does improve, and that you are able to get your computer fixed. Hope that your pictures and camera are safe.

Today I didn't do much but I did just get back from an evening Requiem Latin mass. It was my first experience in a complete Latin mass (first experience was a mostly Latin mass in Greece), and since it was Faure's Requiem as well, it was longer than usual. I didn't understand a word of it, a fact which my parents teased me about since I had studied Latin for so many years. T__T

The Latin mass apparently brought back memories for those who had attended mass before the 2nd Vatican Council, which was pretty cool. The Requiem mass was so somber. It kind of confirmed to myself that I don't like Requiems. However, my father enjoyed it, which I am glad to hear.

Thanks Niquae for your kind words and encouragement! I have never attended a Latin mass, whats it like? Oh and my bro and your sis sound so similar, He is also sooo difficult to live with ugh. xd
FreedomDeep
FreedomDeep
Starter
Starter

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1452045244&

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:11 am

It was...long. I think that's the best way to describe it. Very Happy The best way to follow along with what the priest(s) were saying in Latin was to be familiar with the mass in English. Unfortunately, the readings were also in Latin, which surprised me because the Latin mass I had attended in Athens, Greece had them in English. Smile

Today my Anatomy and Physiology lab classmates and I had a fun time chatting about how poorly our class had done overall on the last lab practical. For the lab we are allotted nearly 4 hours (6:30 pm - 10:20 pm). Everyone leaves way before 10 pm except for my lab partner and me. We tend to stay until the bitter end (although if it weren't for me, my partner would have gone home long before 10 pm :p).

Today there was one other, and the three of us were kicked out of the room at 10:20 pm. We were desperately trying to study thoroughly as many muscles from different models as we could, and I daresay the three of us could easily have stayed until 11:00 pm there. Poor instructor. I think he got tired about 2 hours earlier. lol.

I wanted to capture my pets on GoPets again tonight (I'd started it last night but couldn't finish it until I freed up some space on my HD -_-; ) but it's late and I have a study date tomorrow in the library. *sigh* Maybe I can try again tomorrow night.
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowdrift Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:22 pm

oh what a neat idea Smile

my day started with running errands out and about. yuck. but it soon looked a lot better when at the Target store i found their halloween clearance. they thought they could hide it lol but i found it! i grabbed up some super cute skelanimals merchendise for 75% off. i got one big glow in the dark plush for 3.45!!
i had a great time lol and my daughter ran price checks for me at the nearest scanner. she can be quite the helper.

got home and glanced at the reciept and noticed in big bold numbers ' you saved $115.05' . i only spent $60 so my jaw just dropped. that made my day. afterwards i have been trying to save a few images before gopets shuts off. then lunchtime nagging from the kids lol. so the kids are outside playing in the leaves, while i compute - saving images, checking mails, message boards and such. all while listening to the annoying leaf-blowers on both sides of my house. i hate leaf blowers. and the one guy leaf-blows all the acorns on his driveway. it takes for freaking ever!

i have no idea what to do for dinner, probably eating out, and i have a birthday party to taxi my daughter to in an hour or so.

see, pretty boring.
Snowdrift
Snowdrift
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:01 am

Nice! I've never seen such a big number under how much I saved. Very Happy Lucky you.

Today I helped clear the leaves from our driveway (sorry, Snowdrift, but we used leaf-blowers ^_^). Afterwards, I fed and watered our rabbits. I managed to cuddle with my sister's white rabbit, but all the other rabbits ran away from me, including my gray-brown one. -_-;

I had meant to study for my forthcoming exams but...I fell asleep and didn't get much studying done. T__T
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowdrift Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:20 pm

lol niquae as long as you didnt blow acorns inch by inch down the driveway Laughing
Snowdrift
Snowdrift
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:37 am

lol, Snowdrift. Can't say. I only helped out at the end to dump the leaves into the bags. Razz

Today was my Japanese mid-term. We were in groups of three and had to perform a skit we had written ourselves using what we had learned. Considering the fact that a) we only just completed it over the weekend and b) I had a more important exam later today and c) I get very nervous when in the spotlight, it didn't turn out so well. We were first. -_-;

I'm really tired. Had about 1 hour of sleep last night due to studying for my Anatomy & Physiology exam. I'm in the library for the next 5 hours - or until hunger drives me out to look for food - studying for the exam. Today is also the day I have a really late class that ends at 10 pm so I won't be arriving home until around midnight. I envy Rip van Winkle right now.
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by huyendung Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:45 pm

This is My Day 81191 Well, I started waking up at 10 in the morning (I wanted to sleep in) and I lumbered down the stairs, and plopped down in front of my computer, played some peggle *sniffle* posted some stuff in the forum. This is My Day 133456 Went out into the snow :3 And then came back to the forum, and been there ever since. Except for when I had to shower and eat. And now, here I am This is My Day 183186
huyendung
huyendung
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:28 am

Found out that due to the snow, classes have been cancelled. This is My Day 424520
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:51 pm

I was roused out of bed earlier than I wished.

I shoveled snow. Now This is My Day 81191

Am having breakfast now although it is closer to lunchtime.
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by betzy809 Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:30 pm

i had no school, so i woke up at 1:06 pm and ate bagels with cheese and ham
betzy809
betzy809
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Thu May 27, 2010 10:31 pm

I woke up at 6:50 to turn off my alarm at 7, so I stayed up and ate cereal. Then I took a shower and went to the vet where my mom complained to the workers as I read "Cat Fancy" magazines for a hour and a half. We went to Petsmart with my dog after and some insane lady was yelling at our dog because her dog was wanting to attack her. So then she started yelling at random people and then she went to the checkout and we hid by the fish. Then we got out and saw her coming back in the entrance, I had no clue how that happened. We came home, I took my sandals off and put different sandals on then we left again. We went to Walmart and bought a grill, and when we realized I wasn't wearing my boots (We were going to head to the stables) we had to buy sneakers and socks. I then went to get a haircut that looked like Tyra Banks---

This is My Day Big_1206576_jpg0

And I ended up having the same hair as I did in 2Nd grade. Never trust Celebrity hair styles, they have 5 people and 2 hours to do their hair. So then I felt like I was on "What not to wear" with my walmart shoes (2 sizes big and in mens) and a 2nd-graders haircut so I started to cry. At the stables I was stuck with some rich persons horse, and they specifically told me only to WATCH it and hold the lead rope. Don't touch it or anything. So I was there for a hour, watching a stupid horse that was as stuck-up as its owner. There was another girl there, sitting by a fan watching some other volunteer clean her horses hooves and scooted out of the way (careful not to get her coach shoes dirty) and soon left to leave the volunteer put gold shoes on her perfectly-groomed and snotty horse. She was too afraid the shade was too much for her Louis Vuitton sunglasses. The horse didn't care, he was probably just there because that was something she didn't have, complete with a zebra striped halter with diamonds studded to the side and the name "Apollo". Seriously. So I was yelled at and treated like the pile of horse crap right next to me the whole 2 hours there. I cried some more on the way back. I should have just thrown her dumb horse's hot-pink lead at her face. But then on the way back home I got a milkshake and Chinese food, so I'm happy now. Going to spend my money on headbands tomorrow and get a new job. As a cat-sitter.

This is My Day 927956 Its been a long day....
Buckeye
Buckeye
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Fri May 28, 2010 12:37 pm

Sorry you had a rough day. Hope this day is better for you.
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Fri May 28, 2010 3:16 pm

Aah, yeah. everyone has their day c: Today was way better. I got to go to Port A. and eat 6 chocolate pizza slices. I'm just worried about the TAKS scores coming in soon, I know I passed math commended, so I have to go to Algebra next year, which should be good but I don't know... I'm going to cat-sit tomorrow!
Buckeye
Buckeye
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Fri May 28, 2010 4:55 pm

Aww Buckeye - sorry you had such a bad day. I find that milkshakes can often solve all sorts of problems though. Smile
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Fri May 28, 2010 8:18 pm

Yeah, no matter what a milkshake will make me happy Razz My new 'task' seems promising though. I just hope the cat won't barf everywhere like the dogs I pet-sat a week ago lol
Buckeye
Buckeye
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Fri May 28, 2010 9:29 pm

Chocolate Pizza Slices? Shocked Never, ever heard of those.
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum