Pocket Frogs [iOS game] 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pocket Frogs [iOS game] 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pocket Frogs [iOS game]

5 posters

Go down

Pocket Frogs [iOS game] Empty Pocket Frogs [iOS game]

Post by KittyJuan Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:20 pm

I have been playing a lot of iPhone/iPod Touch games recently and just came across a really addicting one. I found a review of it on TUAW the day before its release and new I had to try it. Today, there it was in the App Store.

Pocket Frogs [iOS game] Img_0110

Basically, it is a game in which you collect and breed frogs. I wouldn't call it a virtual pet game - the frogs are more possessions than pets. (Nonetheless, I would like a way to name my froggies.) It is instantly addicting. You collect various different frog species and breed them to create new frogs with different colors and patterns. Your frogs live in a "habitat" but you take one to the pond (shown above) where you hop around and eat flies. In the pond you can find gift packages which can contain new frogs, coins and decorations.

It is not a hugely complex game but I do not think I will get bored of it soon. Very Happy If you have an iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad, I really hope you'll try it out. It is completely free (although you can pay for optional enhancements such as potions). Also feel free to add me as a friend ^^. My Plus+ account name is "iMeow66".

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocket-frogs/id386644958?mt=8
KittyJuan
KittyJuan
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Pocket Frogs [iOS game] Empty Re: Pocket Frogs [iOS game]

Post by momtomaeghan Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:38 am

That looks really fun! Too bad I don't have any of the "i" stuff. Sad
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleDende Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:55 pm

Thanks! =D
I'm always looking for new fun iPod apps, and it's free to boot!
Smile

Kitty, I added you; my +name is LittleDende. ^_^ Lol, not hard to remember, I expect.
LittleDende
LittleDende
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:39 am

I don't have any of the "i" stuff either. This game reminds me of the Tycoon games like Fish Tycoon/Flower Tycoon/Zoo Tycoon, etc. I believe you can play for the above named games for free on-line, and a better version for trial download on some game sites like Big Fish Games.

Perhaps you can try those out, KittyJuan, and confirm/deny whether my guess is correct? If it is, then there would be an alternative for those of us interested in playing the Pocket Frogs games without an i-whatever. Smile Although, the Pocket Frogs game does look cuter than the above-named games I've tried...
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleDende Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:45 am

I sent you a frog I specially bred, Kitty. Smile
LittleDende
LittleDende
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Gankaku Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:26 pm

That looks cute and looks like something I'd try!
Gankaku
Gankaku
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:45 am

My sister bought me an iPod Touch as a gift! I got it yesterday and immediately added Pocket Frogs as one of my apps. I am just about to try it out now. Smile
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleDende Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:23 pm

Hey Niquae, I tried to visit your frogs and it wouldn't let me! T_T I can't figure out why...
But I sent you one as a gift, did it go through?
LittleDende
LittleDende
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:08 pm

Yes, the gift went through. Thank you! Perhaps both players need to be connected to the internet to visit?

Edit: I've got a request to fulfill and no X X Roboris frog. So right now I'm busy breeding and selling duplicates so that I can save up enough coins to purchase a new habitat.

niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by KittyJuan Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:32 am

Hey guys

Sorry for disappearing. I've been crazily busy these last few months and haven't had time to play Pocket Frogs or to reply to this thread.

I love the frogs you two have collected! I especially like the Ornatus (the ones in littledende's 1st habitat), Sols (the ones in littledende's 4th habitat) and Stellatas (the ones with the star pattern in niquae's 3rd habitat). I also love the way you've decorated your habitats!

Pocket Frogs [iOS game] Ld_and10

@littledende
Thank you so so much for the froggie! I can't wait for it to arrive so I can breed it with other froggies and get interesting color combinations. Very Happy I like the combination of Glass and Chroma through. The color-changing-ness goes well with the transparent base.

Pocket Frogs [iOS game] New_fr10

Right now I am trying to complete some awards. About to breed a Maroon Tingo Crustalli and a Yellow Bruna Anura together to get a Yellow Tingo Anura which I am going to multiple by 7 to complete the "I Choose You" award. Very Happy

P.S. I well send you some froggies as well as soon as I discover some interesting breed.
KittyJuan
KittyJuan
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:40 am

Hi KittyJuan,

good to hear from you! I like the Stellatas too but I think I liked the White Chroma I recently sold more. I liked the color-changing star (I think it was a star). Smile

At the moment, I'm just breeding to earn coins. I also try to complete the requests. I hope that after accumulating a mountain of coins, I can begin completing the Awards and the FroggyDex.

I am so far below the two of you that I have no idea what frogs would be suitable gifts! If there is anything you are interested in, I would be happy to try breeding it for you. Smile
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by KittyJuan Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:45 am

niquae wrote:I am so far below the two of you that I have no idea what frogs would be suitable gifts! If there is anything you are interested in, I would be happy to try breeding it for you. Smile

What are you talking about? You are way ahead of me both in terms of level and variety of frogs! Very Happy

EDIT:

niquae wrote:At the moment, I'm just breeding to earn coins. I also try to complete the requests. I hope that after accumulating a mountain of coins, I can begin completing the Awards and the FroggyDex.

You could try and complete some awards too. It usually takes a while to get all the frogs required because you have to try breeding multiple times so you end up with lots of frogs that you don't need which can be sold for coins. That's what I am doing. Very Happy
KittyJuan
KittyJuan
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:33 am

<-- Very impatient. I don't want to run out of coins when breeding! The easiest awards would be for breeding the cheaper frogs so I don't think I would be able to break even. Very Happy

Am I really higher in level than you? lol. I didn't notice! Do you think you can breed me an Amfractus? My current Request requires one and I have yet to catch it.
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by KittyJuan Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:44 am

niquae wrote:<-- Very impatient. I don't want to run out of coins when breeding! The easiest awards would be for breeding the cheaper frogs so I don't think I would be able to break even. Very Happy

lol! Very Happy

niquae wrote:Am I really higher in level than you? lol. I didn't notice! Do you think you can breed me an Amfractus? My current Request requires one and I have yet to catch it.

Sure! Do you just want any Amfractus so that you can use it to breed the correct species or would you like my to send you the specific Amfractus that the request requires? I am fine either way - really don't mind. But I can't guarantee I have the right colors! Very Happy
KittyJuan
KittyJuan
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:19 am

Wow - those frogs are very pretty! I better not read this thread anymore or I could be sucked into this game, lol.
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:39 am

lol, m2m. I was surprised by how quickly I was initially sucked into the game, but then life got busy and I started reading more. Very Happy

KittyJuan, any Amfractus is fine. I've already got a frog to breed with to get the right one I need. Thanks! Very Happy
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleDende Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:30 pm

niquae, did I not send you an Amfractus? I thought I sent one to everyone on my list when I accidentally bred the Glass Chromas. >_< Sorry if I missed you!
I'll send you one to go with the one from KittyJuan. Smile

Hi, Kitty! Smile I did indeed notice that you hadn't been playing. Welcome back! ^_^
Although I haven't played in a long time now... I got hooked on a different game!
I think you play it, Kitty; I think I have you on my friends list there.
TouchPetsCats! It's no GoPets, forsure, but it is at least cute, and of course, addicting.
Niquae, you should download it! =D
You can visit people's houses or invite their cat over; KittyJ, I've had Smudge over for a few visits already. ^_^

Here are my kitties:
Pocket Frogs [iOS game] Cats210
Pocket Frogs [iOS game] Cats110
LittleDende
LittleDende
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:15 am

That does look really cute! I'll check it out. No, I didn't get an Amfractus but a Glass Chroma Anura, I believe it was. Thank you, though.

I did end up starting the Rewards thing and completed one so far: the 8 mature Yellow Tingo Anura (or something). Working on two more now.
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by KittyJuan Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:41 am

Mmm... Somehow I failed to receive email notifications about the last two posts before niquae's latest one in this thread. Anyway...

I just found out that I have to be level 9 to breed or do almost anything with my Amfractus (it is the one LittleDende sent to me). So you will have to make due with the one LittleDende sends to you. Very Happy Sorry about that - didn't know about the restriction.

@LittleDende
Yeah I kinda started playing TouchPets: Cats when I saw it in your "recently played" list on Plus+. I am not sure if I like it yet. Still getting used to the game play. I tend not to like ngmoco's games though. They may be free but they like to put some kind of roadblock in their game that forces you to pay eventually. I don't mind paying actually, I just don't like the whole "it's free but you can't really play unless you pay" bait and switch nonsense.
KittyJuan
KittyJuan
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down