HEY! Good news!- EDIT. BAD NEWS. 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

HEY! Good news!- EDIT. BAD NEWS. 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HEY! Good news!- EDIT. BAD NEWS.

+6
stooooooph
Chiswick
Asynjur
Daeninn
niquae
Buckeye
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

HEY! Good news!- EDIT. BAD NEWS. Empty HEY! Good news!- EDIT. BAD NEWS.

Post by Buckeye Tue May 25, 2010 9:21 pm

Woo! Woohoo! I'm so happy! Ok I'll let you know. I was talking with people on facebook about GoPets then I messaged Erik because I heard he could buy it back in a year. Wanna hear his reply? HEY! Good news!- EDIT. BAD NEWS. Icon_biggrin

MY SENT MESSAGE TO ERIK:I sure do miss that GoPets logo behind you, Erik. I heard you might buy Gopets back in a year or so, I hope you do! Just sending some luck now, I hope everything is going well.

HIS REPLY:
Thank you so much Attic... I think it will happen, hopefully I didn't just jinx that! ;-)

YEEHAW!!!! Thats enough for me! I don't even know what to say back to him I'm so exicted! (I probably can't even spell that, either!)

Just from my inbox-
Buckeye
(Whom was Attic on Gopets!)

Last edited by Buckeye on Thu May 27, 2010 2:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Buckeye
Buckeye
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

HEY! Good news!- EDIT. BAD NEWS. Empty Re: HEY! Good news!- EDIT. BAD NEWS.

Post by niquae Wed May 26, 2010 2:18 am

If GoPets comes back, better than before, that would be exciting news indeed. Smile Thanks for sharing.
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeninn Wed May 26, 2010 7:16 am

Well that explains why Zynga hasn't done anything with it.I only hope Erik learns a lot from them and applies it to GP when it will be back XD
Daeninn
Daeninn
Tumbling Fiend
Tumbling Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Wed May 26, 2010 3:53 pm

Yeah Smile I have a countdown now xD 364 days to go 'til a year has passed by! lol
Buckeye
Buckeye
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Wed May 26, 2010 4:33 pm

Well, let's hope that he learns the good things. I am not too pleased with Zynga at the moment. I don't know if it is because most of their games use Flash or something but Farmville lags horribly for me and has killed my browser more than a few times. They also love using pop-ups, which I don't really care for.
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Wed May 26, 2010 7:34 pm

I gave up with Zynga after a week or so, I couldn't stand it either.. My mom is a farmville addict though and I always asking me to join Razz I hope we will at least have gotten the breeding thing when GoPets opens again. That was going on for a long time... Erik has used GoPets as a model to show how online games grow and how MMO's work, so he is learning something so I'm sure it will be improved somewhat. I just don't want it to lose that GoPets charm! We still have a while to wait, lots of time to think and study more c:
Buckeye
Buckeye
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Thu May 27, 2010 9:28 am

Oh, woah. I mean, woah! This right here is even bigger news everyone!

I had e-mailed Zynga a few weeks ago asking about Gopets (Before I got Erik's message) and they replied, for once! Listen to this:

Hello Briana,

Thanks for contacting Zynga.

My name is Hector and I will like to Thank you for contacting Zynga. Here at Zynga we develop some of the most popular games on your favorite social networking platforms. In the matter of your issue, but at the moment, this game is not supported by Zynga, please check the name.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us,we will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,
Hector H
Zynga Customer Support

This was the first sentence I sent to them, No typo's in the GoPets name!!

Zynga, Please tell me what happened to GoPets! All of the players miss it and y...

Wow, either Erik bought it back or they sold it, because Zynga doesn't have GoPets anymore!! Very Happy
I just replied to Hector's email to me, Now I am not sure if they lost it or sold it... I sure hope not. I'll post here again when I get a reply! Though, it still directs you to Zynga when you type Gopets.com confused I'm so confused.
Buckeye
Buckeye
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Thu May 27, 2010 2:11 pm

Okay.. bad news... Sad

Hello Briana,

Thanks for contacting Zynga.

Again this is Hector and I will like to Thank you for contacting Zynga. At the moment, I was checking your information, and at the moment was shutting down, We could not grow GoPets large enough to be self-sustaining, at the moment that's all the information that I can provide to you.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us,we will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,
Hector H
Zynga Customer Support

I'm not saying any more
Buckeye
Buckeye
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Thu May 27, 2010 2:36 pm

This is just confirming what I already knew and posted in another thread. Zynga bought GoPets to get Erik's team to work for them, they never had any intention of developing the game themselves. But it's in the contract that Erik has the option to buy the program back. He still has all the code, and he is still planning to buy GoPets when he can. So it all depends on what happens with Erik and what he decides. Nothing has changed.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Thu May 27, 2010 3:16 pm

Ugh. that was a waste of time, lol Laughing
Buckeye
Buckeye
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Thu May 27, 2010 3:49 pm

Buckeye wrote:Ugh. that was a waste of time, lol Laughing

LOL! Well, Zynga is so huge, they probably buy up little companies like GoPets all the time, so I'm not surprised it took the customer service rep a while to figure out what you meant. I just hope if Erik tries it again, he devotes a good budget to advertising. That's the biggest reason the userbase was too small, no one knew about GoPets. That's one thing I hope Erik does learn from Zynga, they advertise six ways from Sunday..
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Thu May 27, 2010 9:47 pm

Yeah. Well I'm back at where I started then. Ol' Hector said he would email me when he gets any updates, lol I don't think so. Its so hard to get through Zynga's customer support! Laughing
Buckeye
Buckeye
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Sat May 29, 2010 11:29 pm

Asynjur wrote:
Buckeye wrote:Ugh. that was a waste of time, lol Laughing

LOL! Well, Zynga is so huge, they probably buy up little companies like GoPets all the time, so I'm not surprised it took the customer service rep a while to figure out what you meant. I just hope if Erik tries it again, he devotes a good budget to advertising. That's the biggest reason the userbase was too small, no one knew about GoPets. That's one thing I hope Erik does learn from Zynga, they advertise six ways from Sunday..

No kidding about that! I am seeing their ads on other games I play outside of FB. Well, those that use the Google ads, anyway.

Perhaps he'll learn that advertising actually does work. I seem to recall reading that he felt investing in advertising was a waste of resources or something...
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeninn Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:08 pm

I think it was 'a waste of time and money' but not 100% sure lol
Daeninn
Daeninn
Tumbling Fiend
Tumbling Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:53 pm

Daeninn wrote:I think it was 'a waste of time and money' but not 100% sure lol

lol. I wonder what world he had been living the past decade or so. Surely he couldn't have missed Microsoft and Apple's successes? Geez, even Korea would have been exposed to it. After all, they use Windows there as well. Although, about 6 years or so ago, there did not seem to be much advertising for the iPods (which may not have been available there)...
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiswick Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:59 pm

There a glimmer of hope! Also, sort of off topic but I don't think it was just the lack of advertising that led to such a small fan base. There were a lot of problems with the game itself. If Erik buys the GoPets back, it should be stabilized before being re-released.

On a side note, I was just browsing through some old screenshots today.
Chiswick
Chiswick
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by stooooooph Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:41 pm

If GoPets does come back, I hope that they start with a clean slate. New accounts, new pets. I would want to start completely over with everybody on the same step!
stooooooph
stooooooph
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiswick Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:47 pm

stooooooph wrote:If GoPets does come back, I hope that they start with a clean slate. New accounts, new pets. I would want to start completely over with everybody on the same step!

While I agree, I feel sort of gypped (although there a lot others that have spent much, much more.) However, I see why that would be good since it'd give some an unfair advantage. Anyways, I'd want to keep my pets though... I wish all the new items created when GoPets started going downhill would be deleted though... :/ They were buggy and badly recoloured. Like restart maybe with an older version of GoPets... I miss things like IKU... D: Maybe, I need to move on. It just seems my better memories of GoPets was when it was pretty new.
Chiswick
Chiswick
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:41 pm

I'd like to see the game redeveloped from the ground up, with a more focused design concept, consistent artwork, solid code, etc. But I don't see that happening. I think Erik's going to reuse the code he has. So if it's just the same game, I hope we do get our old accounts back with everything, so I can take more screenshots of Hodge Podge from my WhiteElephant account, in all her cute clothes. (I have only a few good shots of her, most of my screenies are from the Asynjur account which I had much longer.) I could have done more screenshots of Hodge when I knew GoPets was closing, but it was too depressing to be on the client at that point so I didn't.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:17 am

I agree with you, Asynjur. Erik does not seem like a patient, thorough sort of man. I do not think he will take the time to recode GoPets so that he can present it to the public with as few bugs as possible.

Chiswick, I too have happier memories of GoPets when it was new. There wasn't much to GoPets then but at least they were happier times with a smaller, tighter community.
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by betzy809 Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:45 pm

so its that like a definite no coming back for gopets?Sad
betzy809
betzy809
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:18 am

betzy809 wrote:so its that like a definite no coming back for gopets?Sad

Erik is still planning to buy GoPets back. And recently Erin was trying to get a list together of GoPets users on Facebook, which leads me to wonder what they want the list for. So we'll see what happens.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by betzy809 Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:18 pm

eeek!!!! thats so fantastic! idc if i have to start from 0, im in! HEY! Good news!- EDIT. BAD NEWS. 636220 HEY! Good news!- EDIT. BAD NEWS. 908350
betzy809
betzy809
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Post by erin28348 Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:04 pm

ok ok ok....soooooo I guess I should clear up my intentions....I was asking for a list of names so on fb we can keep in touch and know who is who from gp. That is all that was. Yes Erik has the option to buy back...we always have known that but nothing new has been mentioned about it at all. Sorry guys if you got your hopes up. But I do not know anything new about him buying the game back or anything. And of course if any of us hear anything new we will let you know. Fritzy and I were just trying to update the list of gp's usernames on fb.

erin28348
Gummy Invader
Gummy Invader

Back to top Go down

Post by MrFritz Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:12 pm

Ok for those that want to know...I spoke with Erik today and there are no plans for GoPets in the immediate future. Although he wants to bring it back, he is still under contract with Zynga.
MrFritz
MrFritz
Admin

http://www.gopetsaddicts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next