Puzzle Pirates and Whilred 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Puzzle Pirates and Whilred 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Puzzle Pirates and Whilred

4 posters

Go down

Puzzle Pirates and Whilred Empty Puzzle Pirates and Whilred

Post by Obaba Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:30 am

Puzzle Pirates and Whirled are 2 games by Three Rings Design I've been playing over the years, with Puzzle Pirates being the longest at 6 so far.
While the age bar is a little lower, there is a large dedicated group of players that have made them a joy to play.

pirat
While both have a micro payment system a little like GoPets, they handle currency slightly differently for each game.
Puzzle Pirates has several "Oceans" which are servers that support all access subscription Blue Oceans, Pay as You Go Green Oceans, and one Family Oceans that is Red (the colors are reflected in the names, not the actual ocean water color XD). The economy is completely player run with commodity tweaking as needed.
As for the fun aspect, it requires a little teamwork with crew mates to get to the meat of the game, which is puzzling.
Each pirate manages a station that prompts for a puzzle to make it function. So far, I find this insanely innovative and fun.

Puzzle Pirates and Whilred 199559 Whirled is different as that it is more a social networking, browser application that encourages creativity in rooms and items that you can sell in the community shop. It also uses a micropayment and subscription option, or you can play for free, however selling things in the shop can translate into actual currency with Coins being the in-game earned currency, Bars being the micropayment currency, and Bling being a transitional currency that you may use to purchase Bars, a subscription or cash out to $$$ if you make a certain amount.
Since the game is based in Flash and uses Actionscript, it may be a little overwhelming, but the community offers not only tutorials, but bases to start with and you share credit with the creator for the modifications.
There may be a shortcut to signing up as you can link to an existing Facebook account.

While both games aren't for everyone, I find most people enjoy at least one of them.

~
Obaba
Obaba
Obaba
Starter
Starter

http://amm.obabashut.com

Back to top Go down

Puzzle Pirates and Whilred Empty Re: Puzzle Pirates and Whilred

Post by Daeninn Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:59 am

Oh i used to play Puzzle Pirates a few years ago.They had cool minigames.I quit because your cloths would get used quite fast.And took me a while to buy the ones at had at that time.
Daeninn
Daeninn
Tumbling Fiend
Tumbling Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by betzy809 Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:59 am

well i do <3 whirled nvr played the othr 1 b4
betzy809
betzy809
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Post by MargoPongo Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:48 pm

I love puzzles, so maybe I should try the pirate one.

I am unclear about the oceans. Will I have to pick one at the start?

MargoPongo
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Obaba Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:45 pm

You can pick an Ocean to start. Green oceans tend to have younger players but have huge populations. Blue oceans are less populated, but have older players. The oldest is Midnight Ocean, which I play and do a comic about on occasion. I have played the other oceans and prefer Midnight.

As for Daeninn's point, the game economy revolves around supply and demand. Some items you buy have a shelf life and decay over time and use. Playing regularly will earn most players enough to enjoy things. Buying things like Black and Gold clothes will set you back quite a bit, however most pirates establish a look they can afford first, some of the wealthy players just bum about in starter clothes and save pirate money for grander things.
Obaba
Obaba
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by MargoPongo Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:33 pm

I tried the pirate game, but I had trouble with some of the puzzles. It would let me click to do some of them, but the puzzle didn't come up. I am sure that I was just not understanding how it works, but there was no explanation of what to do. One game link kept taking me to someone's shop instead of to a game/puzzle that I could play. I may try again another day, but so far there wasn't much for me to do. I got a message at some point that I was being considered for a spot on someone's crew (I think) but then I was rejected. I'm really not sure what to do next. The rat is cute.

MargoPongo
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Obaba Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:57 am

MargoPongo wrote:I tried the pirate game, but I had trouble with some of the puzzles. It would let me click to do some of them, but the puzzle didn't come up.
The way the game is set up, all the options available don't take you into puzzles, only certain ones. Sometimes a link will let you explore an island, home, ship or see information.
It is also good to consider what kind of ocean you are on, as not all the puzzles are availible every day.

I did write the comic for new players and went over a few points a lot of players get confused about.
Best place so start looking for puzzles is the "Notice Board" under "Missions". They have a slew of challenges that allow you to get clothes, earn money and puzzle.

I got a message at some point that I was being considered for a spot on someone's crew (I think) but then I was rejected. I'm really not sure what to do next. The rat is cute.

You may have come across the "Voyages" on the Notice Board. There you can apply for jobs when people are hiring pirates. If they accept you, they send you an invite to join on a temporary basis. If you like them, you can join the crew.

Good Luck!
Obaba
Obaba
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down