It is lame to feel this way? 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

It is lame to feel this way? 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It is lame to feel this way?

+5
Lilly0864
Asynjur
Obaba
MrFritzy
FreedomDeep
9 posters

Go down

It is lame to feel this way? Empty It is lame to feel this way?

Post by FreedomDeep Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:23 am

I don't know about you guys, but I am still feeling choked up about losing my pets, BST, FruitFarm (that I was going to reopen), and the fact that I may never get the chance again to be apart of such a great community.

I came to Gopets from another game called "The Sims Online" where it was owned and run from a money-grubbing giant of a company called EA Games (don't get me going on the buyout of Playfish). The community there was horrible....so much flaming and trolling and people that treated you differently if you didn't play on their server. It was down right nasty and I got tired of fighting with them. I came to this peaceful game and was blown away by the kindness and generosity of the players. I was so impressed that the devs and CEO were involved in the community and not just collecting their wages. This was a big clincher to get me to stay..and I did for 3.5 years.

In that time I have seen the ups and downs and what kept me sticking around was the friends that I made and of course my pets! They had such personalities for being pixels and I spoiled them rotten with so many clothes and transportation that they could swap out a new one everyday. I just thought GP would be there when I came back from my long hiatus of not having a land loading PC since Christmas day 2008. I think the real clincher was talking to Erik last night and seeing that yes, Zynga has a pets game ready to come out in two weeks, but it won't be Gopets. In fact it will be a down right rip off of Pet Society, so whats the fun in that? Erik did state one thing hopeful: that he is saving all of the game data so that if he ever wants to buy back his game (which he has that option), he can so in about 2-4 years. I don't think I will hold out hope for that to happen or for Zynga creating another pet game.

That is why I am writing this letter, am I the only one feeling a loss here? I know I spent wayyyy too much time in the game...more than I will ever admit. There were times when Stuck and I would stay up hours upon hours harvesting one fruit per hour to fill our orders on the farm. I had so many amazing memories from co-joining with stuck and our other farmers and we really took the business seriously. It was nuts, we had payroll, employee applications, email, full food/harvest ordering website which linked up with our email and gave us a message on YIM that a order had been processed. It was just nuts....the crazy competition, carpal tunnel, and just hours talking in the middle of the night with Stuck on Skype while she was in Korea and other Gopetttians in the "Oasis" chatroom on Skype.

3.5 years is a big chunk of time to say goodbye to, and I have never been so great at goodbyes. I guess everything has to end right? I just hope that we'll all continue on keeping in touch because I cannot be sad if I gained so many amazing friends during this crazy three year ride. Sooo..am I lame to feel so sad?

Crying or Very sad
FreedomDeep
FreedomDeep
Starter
Starter

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1452045244&

Back to top Go down

It is lame to feel this way? Empty Re: It is lame to feel this way?

Post by MrFritzy Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:46 am

I dont think its lame at all Free. A lot of us put alot of time and effort into the game. And like you most of probably spent way too much time in the game. But we built a huge family, one that even the end of the game cant break up. I miss the game, I miss my pets. I havent uninstalled the client yet, probably wont. I made Erik the offer last night that if he brings it back I will help in anyway possible to make it work. I would volunteer my services just to make you all happy. I love you all, and will never forget the great times we had
MrFritzy
MrFritzy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:02 am

'

Last edited by PopPunk on Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:04 am

'

Last edited by PopPunk on Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Obaba Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:55 pm

Free, you welcomed me to GoPets a year after I started and got me interested for a good while. I had 2 pets dedicated to 2 I loved and lost and never thought I would have to say goodbye a second time.

I understand what you mean by community. Few games could have boasted a nicer bunch of folks.

There is no shame in feeling loss. The time and creativity you put in were from the heart and our pixlilated pets were the result of directing our dreams into a virtual reality.
Obaba
Obaba
Starter
Starter

http://amm.obabashut.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:05 pm

There are many losses in life to be mourned, and our society in the US doesn't seem to acknowledge this. Many doctors will prescribe an antidepressant at the drop of a hat, without a diagnosis of clinical depression. It's just not right. Grieving is part of a natural healing process.

I did a lot of crying Sunday night, and a little at other times before and since. Even though I haven't really been active on GoPets for over a year, before that I poured 3 years into the pets and the community.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly0864 Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:54 pm

I felt the same way as you all Smile Crying about a dang game.
But, here I was a newbie that came in with the thoughts of well I guess I can try this game it's not like I will be sticking around since I have had bad luck with very rude people in the past. I played quietly in the background watching and trying to learn the game so not to upset anyone with question. You all sucked me in with all the kindness and friendships. I soo enjoyed talking and chasing quests with all of you. You all have no idea what you all mean to me Smile I loved the chat room it was great, you all made me feel welcome even with all my typos he he.

THANK YOU ALL for making me feel a part of something!!!! (family) It is lame to feel this way? 167384
Lilly0864
Lilly0864
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by stuck Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:59 pm

It's not lame at all, even though I'm not quite experiencing the same feelings right now. I think I'm still in the first stage of mourning. I'm in denial. It still hasn't quite hit me that gopets is really gone. I'm sure in a few days it will sink in and I'll feel the same way too.

Gopets was like a home away from home. I will forever remember all the good times I had: intimidating people in gochat, Fruitfarm, visiting the HQ, etc. And the reality of it is, I've never met an online community as great as the one as I experienced while playing Gopets.

stuck
Starter
Starter

http://stuckinsidemymind.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lefteye1983 Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:37 pm

I still can't forget the moment when I saw Gopets shot down automatically and I finally realized it was real and over. Gopets was my first online game. I didn't strongly feel that the Gopets community we all have created is so special because I had nothing to compare. But I started to feel it when we knew that Gopets was going to shot down and people started saying that they had never seen a game that had created strong friendship as Gopets did (lol found it--it was Miticante saying it on facebook!). I think that's one of too many things Gopets staff and us would be so proud of. ^^ thank you Erik all Gopets staff and all Gopets friends for giving us the chance to do so. Very Happy
lefteye1983
lefteye1983
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by huyendung Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:01 pm

I wish I could write a long, heart warming post, as the rest of you did. But that is my inability in forums, and instead, I post, I agree. Ditto. I feel the same way. Although the game is over. The community, the family, that we built will never shut down! It is lame to feel this way? 76338
huyendung
huyendung
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Gankaku Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:43 pm

I'll never forget GoPets or all of you. I'm glad we have somewhat of a community formed here and that some of us stay in touch on other forums and via chat. Being a part of the GoPets community was one of my great life experiences I'm happy to say I was a part of.

I still miss my pets very much even though I've not logged in in over a year. I had to say goodbye to them then because I knew this was coming and I just can't do so much drama about something I love; it really makes me upset. So I took pictures of them all and just said goodbye. I figured one day, if we ever get the game back in good standing with the hopes of a future for it, I'll go back in again and enjoy my pets again. Until then they'll eternally play and romp in my memories, still enjoying their land, houses, clothes and toys, and visiting and enjoying visits.
Gankaku
Gankaku
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum