GoPets projects I never finished, and pet pics 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

GoPets projects I never finished, and pet pics 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GoPets projects I never finished, and pet pics

+3
Snowdrift
xxmegs420xx
Asynjur
7 posters

Go down

GoPets projects I never finished, and pet pics Empty GoPets projects I never finished, and pet pics

Post by Asynjur Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:34 pm

No photos for these, but I didn't see a folder for just sharing memories. Over my years on GoPets I spent thousands of hours on projects and activities, designing custom clothing and items, attending parties and hosting them, entering contests and running them, drawing IKU icons and playing IKU games, running the WhiteElephant land as a free gift swap for a time, answering questions from other players looking for information, promoting GoPets, decorating lands, visiting friends. 24 hours a day was not enough time to do everything I wanted to do, and some projects never were completed for various reasons.

- After Roshambo held his contest to design a miniature golf course, he wanted to make one of his own. At one point I even bought two lands together, so he could have a large golf course, and also have room for his brother Domino to have a pizza parlor by it. Of course it would have been a big project, I never got any farther than starting to collect some items I wanted to use, didn't do any customs.

- HodgePodge kitty, on my WhiteElephant account, always wanted to have her own Hot Springs Spa and Resort. This would be something like the Kah Nee Ta Hot Springs in Oregon that I once visited (by accident, lol). I remember some custom designers made marble tubs by putting the regular bathtub in a customized item (I think it was a bed?) I wanted to make some of those to match pillars and vases available from the store, for a classical look. I was also going to toss in some diving pools. But I wanted a rocky, scrub brush kind of landscape. The only rocky wallpaper was Mars, not the look I was going for, lol. Always hoped the right wallpaper would come along.

- I love all the beautiful custom clothing people made, loved to dress up my pets to match their personalities. One item I really loved was wings. But even though I made customs myself, I never finished a pair of wings. I'm too picky for my own good, and never could get them to look good enough, lol. I do have a pair I was mostly happy with--but still needed a lot of finishing--somewhere on my old computer. If I ever get into drawing again, maybe I'll use the design on a fairy or something.

- One of the silliest projects I never got to--a bathroom! When they came out with toilets, I had intended to make a multi-stall bathroom that would have graffiti on the walls. The graffiti would be about, and written by, my own pets, and the pets of my friends. Things like "Hop and Rhubarb sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G" and other graffiti and gossip, as well as little child like drawings, and paw prints. This was supposed to be part of an even larger project, a store and restaurant. The store would have, among other things, a series of "Employee of the Month" photos on the wall for different months. It would be pictures of my pets and friends' pets, but also peppered with humorous ideas for the monthly employees, one month the employee would be the bush baby on the jungle tree, or even one of the dragonflies that showed up when you had beach chairs out, lol. Ouija was my store manager.

So those came to me off the top of my head. I'll probably remember more forgotten projects later, if that makes sense, lol.

Also posted on my LJ http://bit.ly/3x85RL

Last edited by Asynjur on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:26 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add LJ link)
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

GoPets projects I never finished, and pet pics Empty Re: GoPets projects I never finished, and pet pics

Post by Asynjur Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:28 pm

Just adding some pics I already posted on the GoPets forum, since that forum will be disappearing soon. Sad

A couple snaps from Roshambo's spa party way back when. I only had the 2 dogs then. I ran the party for 24 hours, LOL.

http://www.asynjur.com/party/snap_5.jpg
http://www.asynjur.com/party/snap_19.jpg
http://www.asynjur.com/party/snap_77.jpg
http://www.asynjur.com/party/snap_495.jpg

This is from before GoPets was in a "window" is was just directly on the desktop. So the special wallpaper I made is just being used as my desktop wallpaper. And I took a ton of screenshots so people could find there own pets, no way to visit each other in those days.

And this is Ouija "and all her friends" as my husband would say, LOL.

http://www.asynjur.com/party/snap_1028.jpg
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

GoPets projects I never finished, and pet pics Empty Re: GoPets projects I never finished, and pet pics

Post by Asynjur Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:28 pm

And more

A couple Nude for New Years celebration pictures:

GoPets projects I never finished, and pet pics Happynewyear6

GoPets projects I never finished, and pet pics Image2

Some shots I took for a decoration contest Erik held once -

GoPets projects I never finished, and pet pics Site-small
Ceremonial Site

GoPets projects I never finished, and pet pics Ancient-small
Ancient Astronauts

More from this jungle series at this link -
http://www.bearjests.com/gopets/screenshots/jungle/

Eggs hidden on my lands for an Easter egg hunt Meep organized one year -

GoPets projects I never finished, and pet pics Lantern GoPets projects I never finished, and pet pics Tree
GoPets projects I never finished, and pet pics Center
GoPets projects I never finished, and pet pics House

Taking advantage of an item duplication bug we had for a while - Hovercrafts for everyone! (the extras disappeared when you logged out) -

GoPets projects I never finished, and pet pics Hovermania03

Hodge Podge having a winter holiday picnic with her little friend -

GoPets projects I never finished, and pet pics Waiting2

And so many more pictures, but I think that's enough for now..

I have no worries about my little darlings. I know they'd never let a program constrain them, and they'll always be out there loose on the internet and having fun. Perhaps I will run into them again someday in another game.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by xxmegs420xx Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:18 am

so many unfinished things for me too
hope i hope that gp comes back one day

xxmegs420xx
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowdrift Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:32 pm

i have alot of projects, collections and such that were never finished or sometimes never even got a chance to start.

one of the more recent ones was an idea to make a 'dirty' series of bathroom, kitchen and house items. yes, a dirty potty lol , a dirty kitchen counter and sink, dirty couch and rug. you get the idea. no blood and guts or anything like that, just yucky and dirty.

i also wanted realistic graveyards on all my lands, with 2 being complete graveyards.

many collections were never finished: food collection, costumes, flowers, premium items (i would have never had an oasis or torii anyway).

ill probably remember more later.
Snowdrift
Snowdrift
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:42 pm

Would have liked to see those! The item customization was one really cool thing with GoPets that you just don't see in most programs..

It's funny, it doesn't bother me to be nostalgic like this, or posting the FB page I made for one of my GoCats. But I can't go in the client, can't take it, start to tear up...
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeninn Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:59 pm

O_O That's a lot of Space Ships!!They would have been perfect for the Beebo army that promissed to help the dolls on their next invasion that will never take place GoPets projects I never finished, and pet pics 325821
Daeninn
Daeninn
Tumbling Fiend
Tumbling Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilly0864 Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:34 am

I loved going to everyones lands and seeing what was new:) I was still kinda new and trying to work on getting the underwater theme. Had a lot to go he he
Lilly0864
Lilly0864
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleDende Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:41 am

Those ideas sound really fun; it's too bad you never got to complete them. T_T
There's a whole lot I always intended to do, too, and wish I had gotten the chance to. Hopefully someday we will!
LittleDende
LittleDende
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by huyendung Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:58 pm

Gorgeous, I wish I would've taken more screenies for my cute wittle kitties! GoPets projects I never finished, and pet pics 23276
huyendung
huyendung
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down