FarmVille 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FarmVille 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FarmVille

3 posters

Go down

FarmVille Empty FarmVille

Post by hickerson4611 Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:02 pm

I got so bored the other day that I thought I'd start playing my Farmville account that I had started but never played. I notice no one on here has started a thread that says 'Farmville' for their latest gaming obsession. Now I know why, lol. Compared to GoPets, FarmVille seriously fades. What A Boring Game. It breaks my heart that none of the millions of people who play these Zynga games ever knew about GoPets - it would have been the most popular game on the web! But, of course, as Erik has told us, advertising is not worth the money. What an unimaginative fellow. Well, I'll crawl back into my gameless existence again and try to read a good book. Can you imagine being too lazy to Read?! I'm humiliated by myself.

hickerson4611
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

FarmVille Empty Re: FarmVille

Post by Asynjur Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:13 am

Although there is no thread here, I know some people do play Farmville. I don't, though.

But someone playing a game on Facebook, and trying to get them to download a game to play like GoPets was, those are waaaaay different things. Of course GoPets could have been marketed better, not denying that. But I think many of us asked friends to play GoPets and they wouldn't touch it, and yet they get sucked into all the Facebook games. It's just a whole other thing, everyone you know is on Facebook, and those game notices are constant, your mom and everyone else is sending them, LOL, and all you need to do is click one button to try it, and you're playing without giving it any thought. With something like GoPets you had to download, and get advice how to play since it was complicated and not well documented, really took a conscious decision to play, rather than getting sucked in almost subliminally. I'm not saying I like Facebook as a gaming platform, my "perfect" game certainly wouldn't rely on another site like that. If I had the resources to make a game, I'd have my own platform, and respect people's privacy unlike Facebook. But that's pie in the sky, LOL.

I recommend one Facebook game, Pet Society. It's not perfect, but I think it's one of the most user friendly, and the company still responds to some complaints and suggestion. Plus, if you join and friend me, I can give you tips and send you all kinds of cute items. Smile
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gankaku Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:05 am

I totally feel the same way as you, hickerson. Asynjur's right about GoPets (downloading, have to troubleshoot, not mindlessly easy to start) but still it kind of peeved me that all my friends who knew about GoPets and didn't play, played Farmville. And Petville.

I stopped playing Farmville. It was all just click click click .. I guess most of Facebook games are like this but some have some different appeal than others. Farmville just lost my interest - I think it's the forced you-have-to-come-back-daily thing or your crops wilt. Waste of time.

Pet Society can be fun. Happy Pets is ok (there's breeding) and my new favorite is Animal Party.
Gankaku
Gankaku
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by hickerson4611 Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Asynjur, what were you saying about "getting sucked in almost subliminally"? Lol I'm still playing Farmville! I'm up to level 22. It's just a time killer, but what keeps me going is a bland curiosity about how lands expand and how the harvesters work. I really miss the funny forums and getting to know people. But I don't want to start another game until I'm saturated with FarmVille. So, I guess I'm sucked in.

hickerson4611
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum