Vacation Island 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Vacation Island 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vacation Island

+2
LittleDende
Gankaku
6 posters

Go down

Vacation Island Empty Vacation Island

Post by Gankaku Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:44 pm

I got GoPets sadness today and thought I'd go get my DS and play Vacation Island for a bit. It was fun to play with the pets - my cat has this warrior gear on. I also like the dart game and did some cooking. These are really fun aspects of the game still.

The thing I couldn't do was connect to wifi - no friends' pets can come over, nor can my pets wander, nor can I get the visiting ship that has a store on it (which always has all the good items!)

I have just a ways to go before I can buy the last house (Island Retreat or something)...

Does anyone else have it and still pop it open occasionally?
Gankaku
Gankaku
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Vacation Island Empty Re: Vacation Island

Post by LittleDende Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:11 pm

I'm really upset cause I bought it *after* I heard GoPets was closing, thinking maybe I could stay in touch with people and pets that way, and how fun it would be to hang around with everyone through the DS that way... only to find out that they disconnected its wi-fi feature. =| It really bothers me because I bought it *for* that reason, and there was no notification (like a sticker on the box or anything!?) saying that the wi-fi could not be used with it anymore.
I'm mad and I want Nintendo to give me my money back! >=(
LittleDende
LittleDende
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:47 am

I don't have the game, do you guys know if it's still out there for sale somewhere?
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Gankaku Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:25 am

I've seen it in the used video game stores, montomaeghan. You could probably easily find a used copy online. You'll be sad that you can't use the wifi features though. I kept my mail that friends sent me; like pootlecat. Where is she? So sad.
Gankaku
Gankaku
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:55 am

You can get new or used at various prices from Amazon.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:32 am

I think you should still be able to find pootlecat at her website neoitems.net (I think that's the URL at any rate).

niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleDende Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:04 am

I still see it at ebgames a lot.
LittleDende
LittleDende
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by momtomaeghan Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:38 pm

Ordered it on Amazon - it was very cheap, lol. Looking forward to seeing how much it resembles the real thing.
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by CuteNezumi Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:45 am

I just found out GoPets was canceled today and it was like a kick in my stomach. Sad I hadn't played for a few months but I was just thinking of getting back into it. (I take breaks like that from games, so it's not that uncommon for me!) Only to find out there was nothing to go back to. So.. I started up my GoPets vacation game. It had been my mom's but she got confused within the first few seconds and ended up giving it to me. XD I made a cat to look like my first GoPets cat and felt a little better. I can't get the little guy to take a bath though...he keeps making a water symbol and shaking his head.
CuteNezumi
CuteNezumi
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:23 pm

CuteNezumi wrote:I just found out GoPets was canceled today and it was like a kick in my stomach. Sad I hadn't played for a few months but I was just thinking of getting back into it. (I take breaks like that from games, so it's not that uncommon for me!) Only to find out there was nothing to go back to. So.. I started up my GoPets vacation game. It had been my mom's but she got confused within the first few seconds and ended up giving it to me. XD I made a cat to look like my first GoPets cat and felt a little better. I can't get the little guy to take a bath though...he keeps making a water symbol and shaking his head.

I think there was a short time when pets in the real game would refuse to do stuff sometimes, too. They changed it so the pets always would do what you targeted. I kind of liked it when they were more feisty, though.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:56 am

After they refuse, are you able to get them to do what you want later? If so, I think I like them feisty too. Smile

niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Gankaku Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:42 am

niquae thanks for that link! I will drop her a line!

CuteNezumi that happened to me too at first. I think you have to keep trying to set them directly in the tub, or right over and drop them into it. They'll finally bathe. It's pretty tricky!

Sorry we can't hook up on this game. If anyone ever sees the wifi connect return on this game, please post!
Gankaku
Gankaku
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down