Malware 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Malware 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malware

3 posters

Go down

Malware Empty Malware

Post by niquae Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:21 am

Just wondering, did anyone else get a warning about this forum containing something that may have malware? I did just now. I'm sure it is from here since this site was the only thing that was open. I'm wondering where it came from and whether it can be removed (from the forum).
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Malware Empty Re: Malware

Post by hickerson4611 Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:08 am

I just a got a warning about another site that may contain malware, but I tried to call the site up again, and didn't get the warning a second time. I didn't get a warning just now when I logged into Addicts. ???

hickerson4611
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:51 am

Are there any ads on the forum? I wouldn't know because my software automatically blocks most common ads. Sometimes a harmful ad will come up, but it doesn't mean anything is coded into the site itself that's bad. Also, you can get attacks to your computer that aren't coming from a website you're visiting--any time you are connected to the internet your computer can be attacked, you don't even have to have your browser open. So you want to be protected by good software. I consider the McAfee virus protection that came with my computer pretty useless, I use Spyware Doctor.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:49 pm

I don't normally see the ads myself but I think on Opera, I am able to see ads. If this site is using Google ads for revenue, that might be where the problem lies. Dragon Cave does too, and there have been instances where several players purportedly got a virus or something from one or more of the Google ads.
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum