GoPets Pangs? 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

GoPets Pangs? 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GoPets Pangs?

5 posters

Go down

GoPets Pangs? Empty GoPets Pangs?

Post by hickerson4611 Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:14 pm

Does anyone else still suffer GoPets pangs, an urge to log in and play awhile that's so tangible it's like the game still exists? I've started feeling these more often recently, and really missing the game. So sad that it all fell apart. Apparently, in this day and age, you have to be associated with the social sites in order to survive; even WoW is manuvering itself into association with Facebook. But what a sweet little game it was, and I still want to feel that sweetness and whimsy sometimes during my day. Darn... GoPets Pangs? Icon_sad

hickerson4611
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

GoPets Pangs? Empty Re: GoPets Pangs?

Post by momtomaeghan Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:54 am

Awww hick, I know what you mean. It's hard when something that is such a big part of our daily lives just disappears like it did. I guess I'm pouring all that old GoPets dedication into Pet Society now - but it's definitely not the same. Still hoping that one day we'll all be playing with our cute little GoPets again.
momtomaeghan
momtomaeghan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:39 am

I mostly stopped playing GoPets about a year before it closed, so it's been a long time since logging in for me was a regular thing. And most of the time I actually did play GoPets, I didn't spend a lot of time on the client because the computer I had at the time couldn't handle it well. I couldn't have the client running when I designed custom clothes, or when I used the forum, or did anything else. So much of my time playing GoPets really wasn't actually "playing" GoPets, it was interacting with the community. I do love my GoPets dearly though. I got those framed pictures of the pets from my main account, and I wish I'd gotten them for my second account and my husband's pets before that service disappeared. Now that I think about it, I was missing Domino just the other day, with his cute little spots.. I have a ceramic pin of a dalmatian I was wearing and it made me think of Domino.

My philosophy now is to make hay when the sun shines, to play games I like right now and not expect them to last forever. Either they will disappear, or change in a way that makes me no longer what to play. But even the bad points aren't all bad, really. Because of the latest fiasco on FooPets, I struck up a conversation with a new friend, commiserating, LOL. First new friend I've actually made on FooPets, someone I didn't know before. In a long discussion about many things, I shared my view that virtual pets run lose any time we aren't there and do whatever they want, and that pleased her. My GoPets personalities were always more in my head than in the program, anyway, so they're still with me. My pets/avatars in other games have all developed their own personalities to some extent, they have goals, likes and dislikes, etc.

Right now I'm trying to deal with spending too much time on games. I get in a rut with that sometimes, particularly if one of he companies is doing something really stupid and I end up almost standing vigil, waiting to see if they're going to change the policy that's making me debate quitting entirely. And usually they do, enough people complain and they back down. It's stupid this has become a regular part of gaming for me, though. Are these companies really so stupid?

But I don't have time to miss anything, barely have time to tend to the virtual critters I have now. And I have so many friends, many from GoPets, both really close friends and just acquaintances. When I was younger, I never had the kind of good friends I have now, I really didn't. So I find little to be sad about when it comes to online activities, honestly.

I do dream of creating my own perfect pet game company someday, LOL. Maybe call it Roshambo games..
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hickerson4611 Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:50 am

Asynjur, I want you to start your perfect pet game. Does it depend on winning the lottery? lol My plans for starting the perfect pet game depend on the lottery. I spend my idle hours either daydreaming about buying Erik out and fixing GoPets, or about starting the perfect pets game, too. I don't want to get addicted to another computer game. And I don't limit my daydreaming to winning the lottery anymore. I dream about some cosmic confluence of circumstances delivering me 4 TRILLION dollars, tax free, and changing the world. LOL I find that as entertaining as GoPets, altho I want the perfect pet game to go to for breaks in changing the world.

hickerson4611
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleDende Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:09 pm

Ah, I miss it daily still... my little kitties... how I want to see them play again!
I'm so glad I was able to get a bit of video captured before the end - every now and then I'll put it on, and it's just like still playing the game. Smile
LittleDende
LittleDende
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Asynjur Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:27 pm

hickerson4611 wrote:Asynjur, I want you to start your perfect pet game. Does it depend on winning the lottery? lol My plans for starting the perfect pet game depend on the lottery. I spend my idle hours either daydreaming about buying Erik out and fixing GoPets, or about starting the perfect pets game, too. I don't want to get addicted to another computer game. And I don't limit my daydreaming to winning the lottery anymore. I dream about some cosmic confluence of circumstances delivering me 4 TRILLION dollars, tax free, and changing the world. LOL I find that as entertaining as GoPets, altho I want the perfect pet game to go to for breaks in changing the world.

It doesn't just take money, though, in fact that's almost the least of your worries. To be an entrepreneur of any kind means sleep becomes a luxury. You need a great deal of energy and commitment, and I don't have either, LOL. Designing a game and running a company would mean you'd have no time to play a slow paced relaxing game, if you had any time in your day for recreation at all. And to oversee the writing of a computer program, you need to be a damn good programmer yourself. Otherwise how do you know they're writing good code? But one of the biggest stumbling blocks is to be able to build a design team that is completely dedicated to your vision. This isn't easy, because like everyone else, programmers think their own ideas are the best. And, all the money in the world doesn't motivate people to work in the same way they do when they love a project.
Asynjur
Asynjur
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

https://verenahodge.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gankaku Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:11 pm

I was feeling this way yesterday, feeling and knowing there are no games out there that I've found that's like this. It's very sad.

I miss my kitties and doggies too. I remember making my first kitty Haiku, and then deciding to do a Japanese art theme for all the kitties on my Gankaku account. There was Haiku, then Origami, then Bonsai, then Kabuki (my only boy). They all lived in Japanese kit-tea Gardens and the whole desktop was Asian-themed, almost always.

On my meadowflower account, I had a dog named Raisin. Then one day this abandoned doggie came to visit. He was really cute and unique and I remember he looked like a blue day with clouds. I tried to make a doggie like him and named this dog Cloud. Smile I loved that little doggie. He was fun to dress up.

I sure remember Roshambo coming to visit all the time. I took so many many pictures. It was fun designing too. I still have a pile of projects in folders on ideas I had for clothes and jewelry and stuff.
Gankaku
Gankaku
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down