You can download the gadget graphics 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You can download the gadget graphics 1gpaddicts

Welcome to the GoPets Addict Forum.

If you are a member please log in now.

If you are not a member please take a couple of minutes to register now.

Thank You and enjoy our forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can download the gadget graphics

+6
Jessicat
niquae
ZaphodBeeblebrox
Daeninn
KittyJuan
AndyShaeff
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

You can download the gadget graphics Empty You can download the gadget graphics

Post by AndyShaeff Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:39 pm

One last thing that you have time to do, sorry I'm so late posting this but for everyone who had their pets before the big change, before the staff all left etc, your gadget pictures are still on the server. If you want them as mementoes, here's how.

Grab this page
http://www.stevehornsc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/gadgetpics.htm

save it out and open it in Notepad.

( don't save it as .mht! grab the source code of it, so you can edit it. You do that by right-clicking and viewing source. )

You'll see a set of urls. You will have to change each instance of 263482, which is my Charmain's number, to the number of your pet. You can find the number of your pet by looking at your profile page and right-clicking on the picture of your pet, choose proerties, and you will see a number such as

http://iku.gopetslive.com/PetPortrait/PetPortrait_263482_103.jpg

You can see that my Charmain is 263482 there, your pet will have its own number there instead. Replace every instance of 263482 in that gadgetpics page, save it and then load it in your browser. it will download all your gadget pics for that pet. it takes a little time and work, but if you want actual pictures of your pet in every action frame that was in the gadget, it's worth it.

This will not work for pandas, they were never enabled in gadget, nor for newer pets.

It's not much, but it's something

Andy

AndyShaeff
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

You can download the gadget graphics Empty Re: You can download the gadget graphics

Post by KittyJuan Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:23 am

Sweet! I didn't know you could access them like that. *Runs off to do it.*

Quick tip: You may want to use the "Find and Replace" option of Notepad under the Edit menu to change 263482 to your own number.

Also, once you have saved the HTML file with the current code, you'll need to open it in Firefox, Internet Explorer or other web browser. This page will not remain like this forever, though! As soon as the servers go down, so will the images. Remember to right-click each pic and save it to your hard drive.

EDIT:

Another Quick tip: Since there are quite a few images, saving each one manually can be time consuming. If you use Firefox, you can quickly save all the images automatically. Once you have the page open in Firefox, click the webpage icon directly to the left of the website URL. A popup saying "This web site does not supply identity information..." will appear. Click the "More information..." button. A dialog will appear listing info about the webpage. Click the Media tab. You will see a long list of URLs. Select the first one and then press Ctrl + A (or Command + A if you are using a Mac). Finally, click the "Save As..." button and choose a location on your hard drive to save the images.
KittyJuan
KittyJuan
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Back to top Go down

You can download the gadget graphics Empty Re: You can download the gadget graphics

Post by Daeninn Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:14 am

Ok newbie question but how do you grab/save it?
Daeninn
Daeninn
Tumbling Fiend
Tumbling Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyShaeff Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:15 pm

Thanks Kittyjuan!

Daeninn, when the page at my link has loaded, right-click on it and View source. In IE7 it will open in Notepad and you can Save As gadgetpics.htm

In other browsers you may have to Select everything that you see, Copy, and Paste into Notepad. Then Save As gadgetpics.htm.

Now with it still open in Notepad, replace the pet numbers as mentioned above. Save. Close Notepad.

Finally, open it into your browser and, when all your pictures have loaded, Save the page as complete html, MyPet1.htm (not as .mht, as a complete .html page). You should then see the images all in a folder called MyPet1_files.

Do the same for each of your pets.

You then have the graphics safe on your computer while Planet Go zooms off into the Internet aether.

Andy

Last edited by AndyShaeff on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typoes... aaargh...)

AndyShaeff
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:53 pm

alrighty, i have done it... but so now?
is there a way to make it a flash again?
ZaphodBeeblebrox
ZaphodBeeblebrox
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeninn Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:19 pm

Ok did all that but can't find teh folder MyPet1_files. You can download the gadget graphics 199559
Daeninn
Daeninn
Tumbling Fiend
Tumbling Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyShaeff Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:14 pm

Daeninn, I've grabbed your four Daeninn pets' gadget pictures and will upload them for you to get tomorrow, okay? If you ahve any other accounts, I'm sorry, I can't stay up any longer. But I have the ones for the four Daeninn pets.

Andy

AndyShaeff
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeninn Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:20 pm

Ah that is great.Tyvm!I'm sorry to be a pain but i am clueless with it comes to this XD
Daeninn
Daeninn
Tumbling Fiend
Tumbling Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:57 am

Aww, poopie. I only just found out about this and now it's too late, right?
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessicat Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:49 am

niquae wrote:Aww, poopie. I only just found out about this and now it's too late, right?
iku.gopetslive.com still works for me right now [the picture linked there loaded], but the other site doesn't [at least, not for me o.O]
Jessicat
Jessicat
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyShaeff Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:07 pm

the gadget pictures can still be downloaded, as Jessicat says. You have to know your pets' numbers, but if you don't know those and you've saved any of your webpages the pet pictures will have the pet numbers in their names.

AndyShaeff
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeninn Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:34 pm

Also if you haven't uninstalled GoPets yet there is a folder named PetPortraits somewhere in the GoPets system folder.All pictures have the numbers in the name.And it also has some of your freinds/alts pet portraits.
Daeninn
Daeninn
Tumbling Fiend
Tumbling Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyShaeff Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:02 pm

Good detective work, Daeninn!

Your pitures are here, wasn't sure how else to get them to you but I'm sure you won't mind it being public. Each pet's pics are zipped up.

http://www.stevehornsc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/daeninn1.zip
http://www.stevehornsc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/daeninn2.zip
http://www.stevehornsc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/daeninn3.zip
http://www.stevehornsc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/daeninn4.zip

Andy

AndyShaeff
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessicat Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:30 pm

Daeninn wrote:Also if you haven't uninstalled GoPets yet there is a folder named PetPortraits somewhere in the GoPets system folder.All pictures have the numbers in the name.And it also has some of your freinds/alts pet portraits.
Thanks for the tip Very Happy I've found all of my pets pics. Wearing old costumes though, haha. Now if only we knew the coding for the gadget to make one ourselves XD
Jessicat
Jessicat
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by niquae Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:09 pm

T__T I was too hasty and uninstalled GoPets to free up HD space.

But I still have the entry in my LJ where I posted my gadget with my first pet so I'll go scrounge it up again tonight.

Sad
niquae
niquae
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:58 pm

'

Last edited by PopPunk on Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleDende Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:16 pm

I can't find this folder!? D=
Oh, nvm. ^_^

Haha, I made this:

You can download the gadget graphics SageAni1

^_^

But it only works with half my pets! D= The rest do a 404 for the images. T_T I wonder why...?
LittleDende
LittleDende
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 pm

'

Last edited by PopPunk on Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiswick Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:34 pm

Does it still work?

Edited:

You can download the gadget graphics E00_145209-fs8

Wow, this is an old image of Yam! It's the first outfit she's ever worn. O.O
Chiswick
Chiswick
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by pandas07 Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:45 pm

Wow, this is great news!
pandas07
pandas07
Team Player
Team Player

Back to top Go down

Post by betzy809 Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:41 pm

i have no idea where that is at o.o
betzy809
betzy809
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeninn Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:53 am

Laughing That looks great dende.Unfortunetly my girls had equipped custom items that has transparency issues in the gadget so they look awefull T_T My boys look a bit better Laughing So no chance for me to make something like that.Not that i knew how anyway XD

And tyvm Andy Very Happy
Daeninn
Daeninn
Tumbling Fiend
Tumbling Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by KittyJuan Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:59 am

LittleDende wrote:
But it only works with half my pets! D= The rest do a 404 for the images. T_T I wonder why...?

This trick only works for pets that have been used with the GoPets gadget before it broke. That's why Andy said it will only work on newer pets in her original post.

PopPunk wrote:
LittleDende wrote:I can't find this folder!? D=
Oh, nvm. ^_^

Haha, I made this:

You can download the gadget graphics SageAni1

^_^

I still don't understand how to make the gadget! I have the pics of my pets from the folder..but how...?

You can't make a gadget from it. All this does is gives you all the images that were generated to make the GoGadget work. All LittleDende did was string some of the images together to create a simple animated image (animated gif).
KittyJuan
KittyJuan
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyShaeff Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:03 pm

I do have the gadget .swf files, but not any experience of changing scripts. But I would imagine that anyone who has one of those swf-editing programs and a little knowledge would be able to make it such that it would point to the graphic files on one's own computer. If anyone has that skill and wants the file, let me know. Everyone who has their gadget graphics could then have their own private little gadget Smile

Andy

AndyShaeff
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessicat Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:11 pm

AndyShaeff wrote:I do have the gadget .swf files, but not any experience of changing scripts. But I would imagine that anyone who has one of those swf-editing programs and a little knowledge would be able to make it such that it would point to the graphic files on one's own computer. If anyone has that skill and wants the file, let me know. Everyone who has their gadget graphics could then have their own private little gadget Smile

Andy
Which gadget? There were multiple versions [one where feeding a pet would give an item as a prize for example] which one do you have? not that it matters much, just curious XD Dunno if I could put it back together, but shouldnt be too hard if youre willing to share :B
Jessicat
Jessicat
Lurker
Lurker

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum